At Rich Flores, DDS, LLC, Willoughby, Ohio, it would be hard to imagine dentistry without an intraoral camera. With its small, handheld design and high-resolution camera, this device has opened up a world of possibilities for dental professionals and their patients, allowing them to diagnose, treat, and prevent dental problems while also creating a better understanding of the mouth for the patient. An intraoral camera transfers images of your mouth to a screen, delivering clarity that a traditional mouth mirror can only dream of.
The benefits of an intraoral camera
As the name suggests, an intraoral camera captures the images inside your mouth. This wand-like device generates super-clear images to show the patient what we see inside their mouths. Before the invention of this technology, dentists had a difficult time demonstrating to patients what was happening in their oral environment.
Here are the many benefits of an intra-oral camera.
- Improved doctor-patient communication: At Rich Flores, DDS, LLC, we are good communicators, but sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. Dentists pick up dental issues unknown to patients, but without pain or discomfort, you might not understand what the dentist is talking about. An image of your mouth helps the dentist clearly explain what’s going on in your mouth.
- Early detection of oral issues: While visual inspections are still necessary in dentistry, your dentist can only see much with the naked eye. An intra-oral camera can access hard-to-see areas of your mouth for a better close-up view. This way, we can identify hidden oral abnormalities and suggest appropriate treatments before they become painful and costly to treat
- Improved progressive record keeping: Intraoral cameras provide clear images to help monitor the progression of your oral issue over many visits. Using the recorded images, we can tell whether your oral problem has improved, plateaued, or worsened to determine the proper treatment
- Better patient compliance: Some patients may not fully understand the urgency to follow our recommendations without compelling images. However, with detailed images, patients can see for themselves the magnitude of their problems, improving their commitment to treatment and preventive care
- Better documentation for insurance: Your insurance company needs clear details of the circumstances surrounding your claims. An intraoral camera provides visual proof of your oral issue, eliminating the back and forth that may occur when explaining your medical issue in words in order to get insurance coverage for any treatment.
Want to see what this handy technology can do for your smile in Willoughby, OH? Please call (440) 856-8774 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Flores for an oral assessment.
Share this Article