How are dental implants used to restore the smile?
Tooth loss can occur due to many different situations and scenarios. Regardless of how it happens, though, patients must work with a restorative dentist in the Willoughby, Ohio, area to learn more about the advantages of restoring the smile using dental implants. Dr. Rich Flores is pleased to offer single tooth implants and full arch implants, depending on a patient’s unique need.
What are dental implants?
Dr. Flores describes dental implants as artificial tooth roots made from materials such as titanium or zirconium. These restorations appear as small screws or posts that are surgically placed into the bone of the jaw. The metal or zirconium implant is then restored over the abutment that sits above the gum line with a dental crown, a dental bridge, or a full denture–depending on how many teeth the patient needs to replace.
Why should you choose a dental implant?
Our team may recommend the placement and restoration of a dental implant for many reasons. Dental implants:
- Have a high success rate in the 90th percentile
- Do not get cavities
- Provide a strong foundation for a restoration due to the placement in the jawbone
- Maintains natural bone overtime to combat dental resorption that can occur naturally after significant tooth loss
- Are versatile, replacing one, several, or all the teeth in the dental arch
- Are placed during oral surgery and allowed to heal before restorations are placed on the abutment
- Can last decades with appropriate care and attention
Why should I choose Dr. Rich Flores for my dental implants?
Dr. Flores has extensive knowledge and experience in the field of implant dentistry. He has completed extensive live surgical training with AIE (Advanced Implant Educators), a specialized training on the placement of implants. He has the confidence and ability to place and restore dental implants with the additional training and education he has received over the years, along with continuing education credits he has maintained during his time in dentistry.