How composite resin dental bonding can be used in the smile
Willoughby, Ohio area patients seeking cosmetic dental bonding to improve their smile’s appearance may find themselves talking to Dr. Rich Flores. He is a cosmetic and restorative dentist in the community that is pleased to provide therapeutic and cosmetic solutions for the smile and is readily available to provide high-quality dental bonding for new and returning patients. Please continue reading to learn more about this versatile material and how it is used to restore and enhance the smile.
What is composite resin bonding, and how does it work?
Composite resin bonding is a popular cosmetic dentistry treatment that can improve the appearance of teeth that are either chipped, cracked, gapped, or stained. The material is made of a putty-like resin color-matched to the natural teeth. Our office has over 15 different shades of bonding to choose from, readily stocked and available for same-day application. Once the selected material is applied to the tooth surface, it is sculpted into the desired shape and hardened with a special light. The result is a durable and beautiful-looking restoration that can blend in seamlessly with the smile.
What are the advantages of using a composite resin bonding material to enhance a tooth?
There are many benefits associated with composite resin bonding, which is why it has become such a popular treatment option for those seeking to improve the aesthetics of their smiles. Some of the benefits of this treatment include:
- It is a minimally invasive procedure that doesn’t require the removal of tooth structure
- It can be completed in just one dental visit
- It is a versatile solution that is used to address many different types of cosmetic concerns
- It is a more affordable treatment than some other types of repairs and restorations
- It can be matched to a patient’s current surrounding tooth shade
In what ways is composite resin bonding used?
There are several situations in which Dr. Flores may recommend the use of high-quality dental bonding:
- For bonding a chipped or cracked tooth
- To disguise gaps between teeth near the front of the smile
- For reshaping or lengthening a tooth
- To cover imperfections like permanent staining
- For dental fillings placed after cavities have been diagnosed
How do I learn more about composite resin bonding?
Dr. Rich Flores and his team in Willoughby, OH, may recommend using dental bonding in a wide range of situations. If you are located in or around the community and want to speak to a provider about using cosmetic dental bonding, call the office of Richard C. Flores, DDS, LLC at (440) 856-8774 to request an appointment at 34940 Ridge Road, Suite A. We are open to new and returning patients in the area, including the communities of Wickliffe, Mentor, Eastlake, and Willoughby Hills.