What cosmetic dentistry services are available?
Dr. Rich Flores of Willoughby, Ohio, is well aware of the importance of a healthy and beautiful smile. With cosmetic dentistry solutions, including smile makeovers and teeth contouring, patients can achieve the smiles they deserve and desire!
Cosmetic dentistry services provided by Dr. Rich Flores
Below are just a few of the more common cosmetic treatments available to and requested by our patients:
- Tooth-colored fillings. When cavities occur, patients must get an early diagnosis and discuss immediate treatment as soon as possible. This can keep the cavity from getting larger, deeper, and more damaging. Our team uses composite resin bonding for fillings, ensuring tooth-colored repairs are difficult to discern from the natural tooth structure.
- In-office teeth whitening. We provide patients with a same-day smile enhancement with our professional in-office teeth whitening services, brightening the smile up to eight shades whiter in a single appointment.
- Porcelain veneers. Restorations such as porcelain veneers are a great way to disguise flaws on the teeth near the front of the smile. These thin ceramic shells are customized for patients and bonded onto the tooth to cover imperfections like chips, cracks, and permanent staining.
- Dental crowns. Dental crowns are a reliable and typical restoration our patients use to achieve a more beautiful smile and protect a tooth that might otherwise become weak or damaged. These “caps” are made of zirconia due to the natural appearance that this material provides.
- Composite resin bonding. Also referred to as dental bonding, composite resin addresses imperfections in a single visit. This putty-like material is applied to a tooth, shaped, cured, and polished to look like natural tooth enamel. It is an alternative to porcelain veneers, though it only lasts a few years before it needs to be replaced due to its susceptibility to staining and discoloration with time.
- Tooth contouring. Patients with longer teeth can have them shorted or resized using tooth contouring. This involves the filing down of your natural tooth structure. Alternatively, patients with short teeth can use dental bonding to add length or reshape the tooth.